1. widely 2. relatives 3. absent 4. physics 5. avoid 6. address 7. fail 8. patient
1. pays attention 2. turned into 3. fight on 4. took, to 5. make mistakes 6. dress up as 7. Without doubt
1. a /the 2. water 3. than 4. sides 5. tastes 6. western 7. best 8. produced 9. taught 10. saved
1. studying 2. village 3. skills 4. when 5. loved 6. well 7. especially
1~5 ADABC 6~10 DCBCD 11~15 CDBAC
16. Because she took some leftover food home for her son.
17. Three. /3.
18. (I should) take the rest of it home.
20. Save food /Stop wasting food /Don’t waste food
One possible version:
I have recently done a survey about how students learn English out of class. Almost all students read textbooks and memorize new words. They think reading textbooks is the most important for English learning. More than 40 students do some exercises. Some students review their notes they have taken in class. However, only a few students do some listening and speaking practice.
In my opinion, listening and speaking are the secrets of becoming a good language learner. We need to do lots of listening and speaking practice, such as watching English movies and listening to English songs. Also, chatting with foreigners can be helpful.